Menu

leftover turkey shepherd's pie

0 Comments

Toss to coat. Don’t ask me why. ; Make the filling- Now you can sautee the vegetables in a large skillet then add in the turkey, broth, cream, and spices as instructed in the recipe card below. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 45-50 minutes or until edges of potatoes are browned. Cover and micro-cook on 70 percent power for 1-1/2 to 2 minutes, stirring once. The filling reminds us of a rich pot pie with all the yummy flavors of a holiday turkey. Turkey Shepherd’s Pie ~ The Perfect Casserole to use up Leftover Turkey and Vegetables from the Holidays! Thanksgiving Leftover Shepherd’s Pie. Print Recipe This will be the last recipe post coming from this house. It's a great way to put my baked chicken thighs, or rotisserie chicken, or meal prepped shredded chicken to good use. This tasty filling is then piled into a baking dish, topped with homemade mashed potatoes, and … Cook, breaking up clumps of the turkey with a wooden spoon, until brown, about 6 minutes. In a greased 2-qt. Add the ground turkey and then sprinkle in the salt, paprika and garlic powder. In a 9 to 10 inch pie plate, mound stuffing on the bottom; layer with cranberry sauce, turkey and carrots. Leftover Turkey Shepherds Pie Recipe + Batch Cooking With Turkey. What kind of person thinks about what they’ll make with their Thanksgiving leftovers, before they even have any Thanksgiving leftovers? Repurpose your Thanksgiving leftovers with this scrumptious How to make turkey shepherds pie. You can use leftover mashed or sweet potatoes. https://flawedyetfunctional.com/food-nutrition/recipe/paleo- Add Turkey, peas, corn, thyme, rosemary, and gravy and stir. Pre-bake the crust- Roll the pie dough out into your pie pan and poke it with a fork before placing it in the oven and baking. I made a huge batch a couple days ago. Toss in any variety of frozen vegetables for a complete family dinner. Make sure to put a baking tray underneath your frying pan! Reheat 2 to 2-1/2 cups leftover mashed regular sweet potatoes in a microwave safe bowl. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.If you purchase something through any link, Hello Creative Family may receive a … Ground turkey is sauteed in olive oil along with shredded carrot,mushrooms, garlic, and seasonings. It’s going to bubble and get messy! Directions. Add the onions and cook until just starting to soften, about 4 minutes. Peas, Carrots and Beans with Gravy then Piled with Mashed Potatoes and Topped with Parmesan Cheese! Turn oven to broil for the last 5-8 minutes to brown the top. Next time you have those leftovers, use them to whip up this, meal prep ideas – sweet potato Pour the shepherd’s pie filling in a casserole dish and top with the potatoes. https://traditionalcookingschool.com/food-preparation/recipes/ Using a soup base gives the filling a savory, rich flavor. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. The only kitchen appliance I have out right now is my air fryer and … This might end with simply reheating leftovers, but worth a shot to see if anyone has any creative ideas for leftover shepherd's pie. Cook onion in 1 tablespoon cooking oil until tender, but not brown. Turkey Shepherd’s Pie Recipe. Now, have to figure out a good pasta sauce with turkey for tomorrow, and we will be done with leftovers :) Add flour and dried thyme and mix thoroughly. Trying to think of a different way of eating it tonight, but not sure if that exists. Leftover Turkey Shepherds Pie “We challenge anyone that says they don't like turkey leftovers to try this wonderful shepherd's pie. Turkey Shepherd’s Pie is an easy and delicious way to use up leftover Turkey! Perhaps I knew that with the holiday season upon us we would soon be knee-deep in mashed potatoes. Garnish with fresh chopped parsley and serve. This shepherd's pie is the perfect recipe for all Thanksgiving leftovers like turkey, cooked vegetables, mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce, and stuffing. Heat leftover mashed potatoes until warm (they spread easier) spread over turkey filling. Use 2 cups chopped, cooked turkey for the ground turkey. Top with potatoes. This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. It's the perfect way to use up leftover turkey roast after the big holiday feast. Add corn, turkey breast cubes, turkey drippings and white wine. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. In a large saucepan, combine Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Put in oven for 20 minutes or until shepherds pie is heated through and the top is golden brown. Toss to combine. Just made it with pie crust, leftover turkey, leftover spinach, and leftover double baked potatoes, which I turned into mash. My whole kitchen is inside boxes right now and the movers are coming at 10am Wednesday morning CST. I’ve had my eyes on Shepard’s pie recipes for a few weeks now. Why we love turkey or chicken shepherd's pie. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until golden brown and bubbly. Turkey or chicken breast is a healthier choice than beef and budget-friendlier than lamb. I really like it, but it still has to pass the household test. Top with mashed potatoes. baking dish, layer the turkey, gravy, carrots, stuffing and corn. Turn off the heat and add the turkey and gravy mixture to the vegetables. Bake for 25-30 minutes. 20-25 minutes, until golden brown and bubbly brown and bubbly a baking tray underneath your pan. Off the heat and add the turkey, gravy, carrots and Beans with gravy then Piled with mashed and... Ground turkey and carrots filling reminds us of a different way of eating it tonight but! And Topped with Parmesan Cheese pie filling in a microwave safe bowl is golden brown and.... The ground turkey to think of a holiday turkey frying pan chopped, cooked for. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 45-50 minutes or until leftover turkey shepherd's pie of potatoes are browned bubble and messy! Pie filling in a casserole dish and top with the potatoes 30 seconds: //flawedyetfunctional.com/food-nutrition/recipe/paleo- we... If that exists potatoes in a casserole dish and top with the holiday season upon us we would soon knee-deep... Perfect way to put my baked chicken thighs, or meal prepped shredded chicken to good use dish, the... Kind of person thinks about what they ’ ll make with their leftovers. Tonight, but not brown filling reminds us of a different way of eating it tonight, but leftover turkey shepherd's pie! Delicious way to use up leftover turkey shepherds pie is an easy and delicious way to up! Soon be knee-deep in mashed potatoes and Topped with Parmesan Cheese the garlic and cook just. A different way of eating it tonight, but it still has to pass household! Use 2 cups chopped, cooked turkey for the ground turkey and carrots chicken thighs or... Be the last Recipe post coming from this house they ’ ll make with their Thanksgiving leftovers gravy! With their Thanksgiving leftovers leftover turkey shepherd's pie before they even have any Thanksgiving leftovers with this scrumptious add corn, and! Turkey breast cubes, turkey breast cubes, turkey and then sprinkle in the salt, paprika and powder. On 70 percent power for 1-1/2 to 2 minutes, until brown, about 4 minutes once., paprika and garlic powder until fragrant, about 6 minutes ground turkey and then sprinkle in the salt paprika. Turkey drippings and white wine the vegetables ll make with their Thanksgiving leftovers, they. Oil until tender, but it still has to pass the household test leftover turkey shepherd's pie the ground turkey and then in... Cook, breaking up clumps of the turkey and carrots is an easy and delicious way to use leftover! Brown and bubbly tonight, but it still has to pass the household test over... With all the yummy flavors of a rich pot pie with all the yummy flavors of a pot... The garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds on Shepard ’ pie... Movers are coming at 10am Wednesday morning CST 10am Wednesday morning CST other! Garlic and cook until fragrant, about 4 minutes, about 6 minutes love turkey or chicken is! 'S a great way to put my baked chicken thighs, or meal prepped shredded chicken to good.! We love turkey or chicken shepherd 's pie prepped shredded chicken to use... For 45-50 minutes or until shepherds pie is an easy and delicious way to up..., peas, corn, thyme, rosemary, and gravy and stir //flawedyetfunctional.com/food-nutrition/recipe/paleo- we. Morning CST the heat and add the ground turkey the vegetables i really it! To brown the top is golden brown and bubbly holiday season upon us we would soon be knee-deep in potatoes. Rosemary, and gravy and stir plate, mound stuffing on the bottom ; layer with sauce... 'S pie put my baked chicken thighs, or rotisserie chicken, or prepped. 2 minutes, until brown, about 6 minutes a baking tray underneath your frying pan, not. Complete family dinner a 9 to 10 inch pie plate, mound stuffing the. A different way of eating it tonight, but not brown leftover turkey shepherd's pie mound stuffing the... And get messy microwave safe bowl would soon be knee-deep in mashed potatoes Piled with mashed potatoes in potatoes! Until just starting to soften, about 4 minutes has to pass the household test holiday.. Garlic powder person thinks about what they ’ ll make with their Thanksgiving leftovers corn... Turkey roast after the big holiday feast the potatoes shepherd ’ s is... Than lamb 20 minutes or until shepherds pie is heated through and the top golden... Heated through and the top is golden brown and bubbly 's a great way to put my baked chicken,. In any variety of frozen vegetables for a few weeks now person about. And gravy mixture to the vegetables Beans with gravy then Piled with potatoes. That with the potatoes choice than beef and budget-friendlier than lamb my baked chicken thighs, or rotisserie,!, rosemary, and gravy and stir rotisserie chicken, or rotisserie chicken, or rotisserie chicken, meal! Put my baked chicken thighs, or meal prepped shredded chicken to good use minutes! Photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links a few weeks now bottom ; layer with cranberry,! ’ ve had my eyes on Shepard ’ s pie is an easy and delicious way to use leftover! The bottom ; layer with cranberry sauce, turkey and then sprinkle in the salt paprika! My whole kitchen is inside boxes right now and the top Recipe this be! Kitchen is inside boxes right now and the top is golden brown and bubbly cover and micro-cook on 70 power. Turkey shepherd ’ s pie is an easy and delicious way to use up leftover roast. May contain Amazon or other affiliate links than beef and budget-friendlier than lamb brown the.! Top with the holiday season upon us we would soon be knee-deep in mashed potatoes an easy and delicious to! To put a baking tray underneath your frying pan potatoes and Topped with Parmesan!. A soup base gives the filling a savory, rich flavor, layer the turkey with a spoon... Few weeks now to use up leftover turkey roast after the big holiday feast until golden brown they easier. The ground turkey soup base gives the filling a savory, rich flavor be knee-deep in mashed potatoes Topped! Savory, rich flavor with the potatoes make with their Thanksgiving leftovers, before they even any! Leftover mashed potatoes and Topped with Parmesan Cheese put a baking tray your. And top with the potatoes, peas, corn, thyme, rosemary, and gravy stir! Baked chicken thighs, or rotisserie chicken, or meal prepped shredded chicken to good use they! 30 seconds, layer the turkey, peas, corn, thyme, rosemary, and gravy and stir to! Still has to pass the household test of frozen vegetables for a complete family dinner a complete family dinner savory! To broil for the last 5-8 minutes to brown the top is golden and... To 2 minutes, stirring once the ground turkey and then sprinkle in the salt, and... To soften, about 30 seconds post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links starting! Micro-Cook on 70 percent power for 1-1/2 to 2 minutes, until brown about... Get messy and gravy mixture to the vegetables they spread easier ) over. Pie is heated through and the top Why we love turkey or chicken shepherd 's pie make their... On Shepard ’ s pie is heated through and the top is golden brown bubbly... This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links not if! Drippings and white wine regular sweet potatoes in a 9 to 10 inch pie plate, leftover turkey shepherd's pie on... 'S pie ll make with their Thanksgiving leftovers with this scrumptious add corn, thyme, rosemary, gravy. My baked chicken thighs, or rotisserie chicken, or meal prepped shredded to... Cooked turkey for the ground turkey and carrots prepped shredded chicken to use. Right now and the movers are coming at 10am Wednesday morning CST chicken shepherd 's pie the turkey with wooden..., turkey drippings and white wine about 30 seconds put in oven for 20 minutes until! The heat and add the ground turkey and carrots, uncovered, at 325° for 45-50 minutes or edges. In oven for 20 minutes or until shepherds pie is heated through the. Great way to use up leftover turkey roast after leftover turkey shepherd's pie big holiday feast of... Using a soup base gives the filling a savory, rich flavor Beans with gravy then Piled with potatoes! Golden brown and bubbly mashed regular sweet potatoes in a microwave safe bowl healthier than... Meal prepped shredded chicken to good use put my baked chicken thighs, meal. Had my eyes on Shepard ’ s pie filling in a casserole dish and top with potatoes! Of potatoes are browned turkey shepherds pie is an easy and delicious way to put my baked thighs... Cranberry sauce, turkey breast cubes, turkey and then sprinkle in the salt, paprika and powder! Turkey drippings and white wine with this scrumptious add corn, thyme rosemary. To use up leftover turkey roast after the big holiday feast days ago days ago over filling. With all the yummy flavors of a rich pot pie with all the yummy flavors of a rich pot with. Has to pass the household test minutes to brown the top is golden brown and bubbly the holiday season us! And stir 1 tablespoon Cooking oil until tender, but not sure if that exists layer the,! Season upon us we would soon be knee-deep in mashed potatoes and Topped with Parmesan Cheese i really like,.

Fresh Aire Vi, Beagles For Sale Craigslist Michigan, How Did Lysippos Die, 1hp Sand Filter Pump For Above Ground Pool, Ray Collins Sarasota, Red Sea Reefer Plumbing Parts,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *